Friday, February 19, 2016

Dawned on Me Today...

It dawned on me today, driving down the road, listening to Adele's "Hello" on the radio, that, yesterday I closed a chapter in my life that I never thought I'd have to close. I took yet another step towards being free from the very thing that's plagued me for the last 9 years. I let go of something that used to be important to me and something that I felt I had to hold on to for some reason.
As it hit me, like a punch in the gut, I had to snap myself back to reality because; it was almost as if that realization had paralyzed me.
I never dreamed when it all started that it'd end this way but, it has, and now the next chapter brings new, better things that will go on without the last.
Only a few more obstacles to get through before it's all officially over but, in time that will come too.
Thankful for moving on. Thankful for making the best decisions for me and my sons...

No comments:

Post a Comment